I first met Hazel before she started A Vintage Tea Party when she worked in a bridal shop in Aberdeen and I was searching for my wedding dress! She was the most patient assistant I had ever met and didnt mind when I came in the for the third time to try on dresses! So, I instantly recognised her when we met again at the Your Wedding Exhibition last January.
Hazel has a love of anything vintage and she has a huge selection of interesting pieces for you to hire for your special event...
What is company name?
A Vintage Tea Party
What is your line of business?
Hiring out vintage crockery and props and vintage styling for events
How and why the company begin?
I was planning my own wedding, and wanted a vintage feel to things, and I realised that there was a lack of vintage vendors in the area, even though it was huge down south, and even in Glasgow and Edinburgh. I had been collecting china and vintage props for years, and already had a big collection. Having worked at Perfect Bridal, I loved being part of the wedding world, but my family had grown from two to four children on meeting my now husband, and working full time at Perfect was just too much. So I decided to start my own business, which allowed me to work from home, but still be involved with weddings and events.
Are you married?
Yes, married in March to Mr T, (Craig) This was a second marriage for both of us. I was divorced and Mr T was widowed four years ago. He is my knight in shining armour. And I cannot believe he fell in love with me!
Why do brides come to you?
I offer something that is unique to the area. I have a huge collection, of all colours and patterns. I can cater to up to 350. I also have lots of vintage props like vintage suitcases, trunks, 1930’s typewriters, etc. It also saves brides going out and trailing around charity shops and car boot sales, then being left with china they don’t want after the wedding. I also work out cheaper. The charity shops now charge so much for a tea set, or cake stand, because it is in vogue. I charge £2 for a cup, saucer and side plate, that’s £12 for six settings. A charity shop may charge you up to £30 for a pretty six piece tea set.
What is your favourite design and why?
I have so many, but my favourite make is Paragon. They were huge in the 1920/30’s. Their patterns and colours were so elegant and timeless. They used lots of greens, and I love anything in green! Like my wedding dress!
What is the most popular item you supply and why?
Cups and saucers, two tier cake stands, and china tea pots. But my new bunting is proving very popular.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
Wedding blogs are great. And I am totally and utterly addicted to Pinterest.
What is in store for you in 2012?
Well, I had to buy a 2013 diary last week, as I already had six bookings for next year. I am excited to now be in my second year, and I have learned lots of lessons. I am looking forward to all the wedding shows coming up, like the Trend Weddings Launch at the Marcliffe, and the Your Wedding Exhibition, which always starts our year off with a bang! I am planning my stand already.
Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them?
Not a specific person, but a bride dressed in Jenny Packham perhaps, or a 1950’s style dress. I am desperate for someone to hire one of those amazing Tipi’s, covered in fairy lights and bunting inside. A little bit rustic, long tables set with vintage china, and using my old chemist bottles to put wildflowers in. The cake table covered with one of my beautiful embroidered tablecloths. That is one wedding I would love to be part of styling!!
What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?
Make sure you go and see their collection. Look carefully to make sure they are supplying china with no chips or cracks. Vintage items will have wear and tear, that is part of their charm and character, but they must be safe if they are to be used for food and drink.
Where are you based and where can you supply?
I am based in Aberdeen, and I am happy to travel. But you can also collect the china and props and take them with you, wherever your event is.
How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order?
I am on Facebook, and also have a website www.avintageteaparty.com . My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call 07722 409 323 I have a little showroom that you are welcome to come and view my collection and choose what you would like.
Why do you like to work with Simply Bows and Chair Covers?
Nothing finishes off a beautiful table display better, than elegant chairs. A wonderful vintage lace bow works perfectly next to vintage china, to bring the whole effect of another era to the room.
- Simply An Elite Wedding Fair At Doxford Hall
- Simply Wedding Show Inspiration At Rheged Centre
- Simply A Wedding Fair ~ The Only Way Is Essex
- Simply Honoured To Be A Wedding Supplier and Bridesmaid
- Simply A Fabulous Wedding Fayre at The Beautiful Fasque House in Aberdeenshire
- Simply An Elite Wedding Show ~ The Big One!
- Simply... A Luxury Wedding Exhibition at Allerton Castle
- Simply a franchise in focus! Harrogate
- Simply a franchise in focus: Aberdeen
- Simply Setting the Standard: The Tayside Wedding Collective
- Simply a Wedding in a Minion!
- Simply a beautiful venue: The Blue Bell, Bedford
- Simply Bringing Glamour to the Party!
- Simply Medieval Splendour.. Langley Castle Wedding Fayre
- Jenny Packham Event in the NE!
- Simply Inspirational!
- Simply a beautiful vintage real wedding
- Simply your exclusive invitation..
- Simply Bows and Chair Covers Real Life Wedding, Jess and her Langley Castle Wedding
- Simply a Franchise in Focus- Meet Joanne from Lancashire
- High Street Wedding Fashion
- Simply a superb year!
- The Crown Hotel, Harrogate, Wedding Fair
- Trick? Or Treat?
- We get the seal of approval from Theo Paphitis!
- Sandford Springs Golf Club Sunday 21st October Wedding Fayre 11am - 4pm
- Open Evening next week at Stanwix Gallery....
- The Chequers Hotel Newbury - Sunday 14th October, Wedding Fayre 11am - 4pm
- Wedding Fayre at Donnington Grove Golf and County Club - Sunday October 7th, 11am - 4pm
- Now working with Deanwood Park Golf Club
- Caledonian by Thistle Wedding Fayre
- We support The Sick Children's Trust...
- Simply Elegant
- Simply Tesco!
- Simply Choctastic: Choccywoccydoodah
- Lancashire Bride Blog
- 2011 A Year of Awards
- Simply Hollywood Glamour!
- Simply Hollywood Glamour
- Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year from Simply Bows and Chair Covers!
- Simply Bows & Chair Covers 3rd birthday!
- Simply Bows & Chair Covers 3rd Birthday!
- Happy New Year from Simply Bows and Chair Covers!
- 'Moroccan' themed wedding
- North East Women Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2011
- Simply Second Time Lucky!
- Star Radio Business Awards 2011
- Simply Christmas Inspiration
- Simply Autumnal
- Simply Supper Club!
- Simply Daydreams & Diaries
- Simply Delicious!
- 'Nutcracker' themed photo shoot feature in Belle Bridal Autumn 2011
- Simply Amazing Prize: Who will "Win their wedding"?