New Cumbria Bridal Mag
What is company name?
What is your line of business?
I specialise as a wedding planner, and I am the publisher and chief editor of the brand new Emagazine Brides On a budget Carlisle
How and why the company begin?
It started after I helped plan 3 friends weddings, I was always the organised one and they always knew how much of a romantic I am with a love of all things pretty, I tend to go out of my way to help people anyway because I enjoy it so much, and one day, talking about the weddings my fiancée said "if you enjoy it so much why don't you use your skills and go for it professionally" it was a rather "aha" light bulb moment
Are you married? If so tell us a little about your wedding….
As well as clients' weddings I am currently in the middle of planning ours but we have decided to wait a year, but I've got it all very much sorted already
Why do brides come to you?
Brides come to me because I'm professional, I have reasonable fee's and my work on other weddings tend to speak for themselves, but (putting modesty aside) also because I do go the extra mile, I enjoy seeing people happy and I like to help achieve that by taking the stress out of planning their wedding, I'm down to earth and I can identify with brides on a small budget
What is the most popular item you supply and why?
The most popular item is my free "Wedding Inspiration Kit" it's jam packed full of advice, DIY projects, tips and hints and much more
Where do you get your inspiration from?
I observe, I have hawks eyes and bat ears and I'm always listening and looking for new things, because I'm also a crafter I have a creative brain and I can see the most useless looking inanimate object turn into something beautiful
What is in store for you in 2012/13
Alot is going to be happening towards the end of this year and the start of the next, the first issue of the Emagazine Brides On a Budget will be launched on the 18th November, I am halfway through planning new workshops for brides-to-be in Carlisle and I'm working my way through my diary of up-coming weddings to plan
Who would be your dream client, and what sort of design would you envisage for them?
My dream client would be Stephen Fry, I could see his personality very much shining through at his wedding if he decided to marry, oodles of elegance, classical music wafting softly through the speakers, swathes of pastel shaded organza backdrops, candle centrepieces with splashes of ribbon , oh I could go on and on all day!
What would be your top tips for brides when searching for a supplier in your industry?
I have only one tip: research, research, research. I tend to get quite a few emails from brides asking me this and that and asking what I would recommend which I love as it means they are being thorough! Ladies, don't just go for the unheard-of supplier just because they are cheap, it doesn't always ring true for all but sometimes you get the exceptional supplier who have had to lower their rates if they have been badly recommended, it pains me to say it but it's true
Tell us something super interesting about you or your business that we wouldn’t already know…?
I am a big history buff, I love learning about the history of far-off places such as Egypt, Japan, China and so on I'm a very big bookworm too and (embarrassing as it is to say it) my "book of the moment" goes everywhere with me, and I mean EVERYWHERE, yes even the bath, my bookshelf is currently at 126 and still counting
Where are you based and where can you supply?
I am based in Carlisle and surrounding areas, at the minute I work from home but I can travel, but if it's just advice or a quick chat by email then I'm "National" ha ha!
How can I get in touch to discuss my requirements or place an order?
You can get in touch via my Facebook page @Castalias.carlisle
by email: email@example.com
or by text or phone: 07547542594
- Simply a franchise in focus! Harrogate
- Simply a franchise in focus: Aberdeen
- Simply Setting the Standard: The Tayside Wedding Collective
- Simply a Wedding in a Minion!
- Simply a beautiful venue: The Blue Bell, Bedford
- Simply Bringing Glamour to the Party!
- Simply Medieval Splendour.. Langley Castle Wedding Fayre
- Jenny Packham Event in the NE!
- Simply Inspirational!
- Simply a beautiful vintage real wedding
- Simply your exclusive invitation..
- Simply Bows and Chair Covers Real Life Wedding, Jess and her Langley Castle Wedding
- Simply a Franchise in Focus- Meet Joanne from Lancashire
- High Street Wedding Fashion
- Simply a superb year!
- The Crown Hotel, Harrogate, Wedding Fair
- Trick? Or Treat?
- We get the seal of approval from Theo Paphitis!
- Sandford Springs Golf Club Sunday 21st October Wedding Fayre 11am - 4pm
- Open Evening next week at Stanwix Gallery....
- The Chequers Hotel Newbury - Sunday 14th October, Wedding Fayre 11am - 4pm
- Wedding Fayre at Donnington Grove Golf and County Club - Sunday October 7th, 11am - 4pm
- Now working with Deanwood Park Golf Club
- Caledonian by Thistle Wedding Fayre
- We support The Sick Children's Trust...
- Simply Elegant
- Simply Tesco!
- Simply Choctastic: Choccywoccydoodah
- Lancashire Bride Blog
- 2011 A Year of Awards
- Simply Hollywood Glamour!
- Simply Hollywood Glamour
- Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year from Simply Bows and Chair Covers!
- Simply Bows & Chair Covers 3rd birthday!
- Simply Bows & Chair Covers 3rd Birthday!
- Happy New Year from Simply Bows and Chair Covers!
- 'Moroccan' themed wedding
- North East Women Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2011
- Simply Second Time Lucky!
- Star Radio Business Awards 2011
- Simply Christmas Inspiration
- Simply Autumnal
- Simply Supper Club!
- Simply Daydreams & Diaries
- Simply Delicious!
- 'Nutcracker' themed photo shoot feature in Belle Bridal Autumn 2011
- Simply Amazing Prize: Who will "Win their wedding"?